Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Todi

My day in Todi is best described by a video I created. The link is below:

http://youtu.be/fDmF8hVW1Ts


Sunday, Sept. 4th: Temple University: Todi

Temple University had a great day planned for us! All 175(ish) students arrived at the Piazza degli Eroi at 8am sharp, boarded 4 buses, and began a 2 hour drive to Todi, a beautiful medieval hill town. I could not sleep at all for the ride, it was so beautiful and I was so excited to have my first big trip outside of Rome. When we arrived in Todi, we were free to walk for 1.5 hours wherever we wanted. Naturally, I planted myself in the nearest church, San Fortunato. It was breathtaking, and also had the highest point in the entire town. A few of my friends and I climbed the rustic, spiral staircase to the bell tower, where I finally took all my cameras out and began shooting for the first time.
I broke my seal. The photographic journey has begun.
I will only be uploading the photos taken with my little pocket camera. My more artistic shots will be uploaded at a later point and I plan to create a second blog of my photographic artwork. Stay tuned.
 Around noon we were on the bus for another 45 minutes or so, heading to Titignano, home of a large manor, where a 15 course lunch awaited us. Yes. 15 courses. Every one was amazing. The photos below say it all:
                                                      Pizza- onion, plain, rosemary, cheese
                              Crustini- crunchy bread with mushroom, pepper, tomato, or olives
                         Affettadi misti: Slices of meat- Cuts of Ham, Prosciutto, and Pepperoni
                                                                      Torta Salata- kishe
Risotto with asparagus
Flat noodles with boar sauce
Chicken
Venison- Capriblo
Agnello- Lamb, con potate e enselata
Tiramisu!!!!
 Tortezzi- biscotti, and dessert wine
Fruta
end with... Espresso!
 After an amazing 3 hour meal, we were ready to slip into a nice food coma. But before we could do that, we took one last look at the amazing view:
As you may have seen in the video, bus 4 was the bus to be on for the way back! Gianni was so fun, and we had the time of our lives just cruising through the countryside. The singing, laughing, and screaming was just a bit of evidence of how happy our bodies were after an amazing day in the Italian countryside.

2 comments:

  1. Best day yet huh?!?!??! Wow - Food, countryside, and laughter - what else could you ask for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my niece-muffin!!! How exciting...I can honestly say I've not yet had fettuchini in a boar sauce...I don't think I can get boar in Jersey...we shall see;) xoxox

    ReplyDelete